End markets and transportation issues impact recycling in a variety of ways and both are subject to change. On this page you’ll find a compilation of information on these issues. We welcome suggestions of other pieces that you might find useful. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about municipal spot market prices for Ontario-based municipalities with current market prices and trends for post-consumer metals, glass, plastic and fibres.
- Assessing Domestic Capacity to Consume Fibres from Ontario Blue Box Program (April 12, 2019)
- Marketing Blue Box Commodities Matters: A Financial Comparison of Multiple Approaches – Part 2 (November 30, 2018)
- Marketing Blue Box Commodities Matters: What Strategies Do Ontario Programs Use? (November 2, 2018)
- CIF Looks at the Pros and Cons of Black Plastic in Residential Recycling (June 4, 2018)
- Market Trends for Post-Consumer Plastics (May 11, 2018)
- BRA Addresses Paper Quality Issues to Protect End Markets (April 4, 2018)
- Commodity Market Trends (September 6, 2017)
- The Challenges of Gable Top and Aseptic Container Recycling (July 28, 2017)
For more information:
Email Mike Birett, CIF Director for details about the Price Sheet project
Email Neil Menezes, EcoCompass, who is CIF Project Contact for information about individual Price Sheets
- Exporting Recyclable Commodities Overseas from Canada, REMM for CIF, August 2017
- The Essentials of Transporting Recyclable Commodities from Canada to the U.S., REMM for CIF, June 2017
- Transporting Commodities: the Road to Success (June 29, 2017)