**This course is now full but we encourage you to sign up for the waiting list**
As the nature of the Blue Box program plan and delivery evolve, the “Contract Management Essentials” course provides a foundation to assist you to develop an effective contract management plan for your existing Blue Box recycling contracts. The course is also designed to provide an essential understanding of what may be expected as a contract manager under a steward organization.
Who should attend?
Municipal and First Nation staff that are seasoned professionals or an introduction for those just entering into a contract management role.
- One full ‘in class’ day on May 1 (required – details at right)
- Completion of a post-class assignment (requiring up to ~16 hours effort) (required)
- One or two coaching/mentoring phone meetings to answer questions & support completion of assignment (optional)
What is covered
- Development of a contract management plan
- Anticipating and managing problems
- Evaluating and understanding risk
- Preparing a response and implementing an action plan
If you have any question about this course and how it applies to you and your job responsibilities, please email Dave Yousif to discuss your questions.
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants: Municipal and first nations attendees only
Instructor: CIF team
Cost: Free of charge
Course details: will be emailed to registrants prior to class date
CEU: Eligible for 1 Continuous Education Credit (CEU)
Location: Living Water Resort, Collingwood in “Bear Estates”
Reserve a guest room: 705-445-6600 ext.7170 or online reservations
Notes: participants are responsible to pay for accommodations