Promotion and Education
Municipal blue box programs can make measurable strides in compliance and capture rates with good, consistent and effective P&E efforts. CIF offers resources to assist in developing and implementing Promotion & Education (P&E) plans for recycling, particularly in smaller communities.
- Relationships Matter: Social Media and Internet Marketing for Blue Box P&E Programs
- Online customizable P&E materials for the multi-residential sector.
- P&E training course (Check the Training and Events sections to see if the course is currently being offered.)
- RPRA Municipal InKind Advertising Program
For any concerns, questions or suggestions, please email Carrie Nash.
P&E is a fundamental best practice for the blue box program, with a requirement for programs to operate with an appropriately planned, designed, and funded P&E plan. The P&E best practice requires that programs have an up-to-date communications plan with:
- identified goals
- measurable objectives
- a program to monitor and evaluate the P&E efforts.
CIF Connections Blog
Below are some blog posts related to promotion and education.