On November 16, The Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) posted a Proposed Food and Organic Waste Framework on the Environmental Registry for public comment. Comments are due on Monday, January 15, 2018.
The proposed Framework includes:
- Part A: Proposed Food and Organic Waste Action Plan – strategic commitments to be taken by the province to address food and organic waste.
- Part B: Proposed Food and Organic Waste Policy Statement – direction to provincial ministries, municipalities, producers, industrial, commercial and institutional sector, waste management sector and others to further the provincial interest in waste reduction and resource recovery as it relates to food and organic waste.
- Environmental Registry Posting
- Proposed Food and Organic Waste Framework
- Strategy for a Waste-Free Ontario
- EBR Comment Form
MOECC Hosting Webinars on Proposed Food and Organic Waste Framework
Register by Nov. 27; registration is on a first come/first served basis
MOECC is conducting two webinars to provide an overview of the proposed Framework on:
- Thursday, November 30, 2017, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm and
- Friday, December 1, 2017, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
To register for webinars email: Philip Pickering, MOECC or call 416-314-8335 by no later than Monday, November 27
CIF Connections Posts
Register today for CIF’s Fundamental Principles in Recycling Planning Participants say it’s a great value for staff who want to [...]Read More
Most of our stakeholders will know the CIF provides Municipalities and First Nations with the opportunity to purchase blue [...]Read More