- The 2017 CIF Request for Expressions of Interest is now closed. Projects will be awarded October, 2017.
- RPRA is consulting on a proposed change to the steward fee setting methodology for the Blue Box program. The consultation period extends to February 28, 2017. View: Consultation on Blue Box Program Change
- On Nov. 30, 2016, Waste Diversion Ontario (WDO) transitioned to a new oversight Authority called the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority.
- Ontario’s Ministry of Environment & Climate Change has posted proposed regulations under the Waste Diversion Transition Act (2016) to the Environmental Registry, The consultation period extends from June 30, 2016 to August 14. For more information: Environmental Registry
- View Mike Birett’s May 2016 MWA presentation: Positioning Your Program During Transition
- Information about CIF’s 2016 Container Procurement Program (CCPP) is available now, with fixed pricing established for any recycling program in Ontario to purchase Blue Boxes, recycling carts or reusable bags through suppliers identified in the 2016 Request for Tender. Find out about the CCPP.
CIF Connections Posts
Municipalities with high seasonal resident populations typically service this population with depot collection at landfill or transfer site locations. [...]Read More
In a recent project, Peel Region focused a comprehensive P&E campaign on the problem of incorrect set outs in [...]Read More