On Monday, November 20, CIF is hosting a second 2017 session of the Strategic RFPs for Recycling Training Course. It’s open to all Municipal and First Nations staff, and is best suited to people whose responsibilities include developing, assessing or managing implementation of contracts for recycling and waste.
The course is being hosted in Toronto, on Yonge Street, just north of Highway 401. It’s a full day course that offers participants an opportunity to gain a credit for the Best Practices segment of the RPRA Datacall.
Registration is Limited – Sign-up Today
It’s important to sign-up asap to gain a seat in this session. It’s equally important to let us know if you sign-up but find you can’t attend as this enables us to offer your spot to another participant. If you go to sign-up and are offered the option to register for the waiting list – please do it. If we can, we’ll bring you into this session and if not, we’ll consider your interest for future possible courses.
If you sign-up but need to cancel, please email CIF Communications before 4 p.m. on Monday, November 13.
Course Details at a Glance
- Date: Mon., Nov. 20
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: North York Memorial Community Hall, Gold Room A, 5110 Yonge St., Toronto ON M2N 5V7 – in person only; (Paid parking available)
- Cost: Free of charge for Municipal & First Nations staff; includes meals and snacks
- Instructor: CIF team
- Course includes: One full day in-class with brief pre-course readings
What You’ll Learn
Producing a top notch RFP or tender is the first step to making sure your program receives high quality services at fair and competitive prices and is ready for transition to EPR. In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Build RFPs that encourage bids & competition
- Assess & share risk
- Plan for change (e.g. price increases, changes to regulations, EPR, cap & trade)
- Create a level playing field for proponents
- Evaluate complex RFP proposals
- Avoid costly/time-consuming pitfalls
For more information