2017 REOI Information
With a total of $5.180 million to invest in new initiatives, the 2017 REOI is focused on funding projects that generate definitive cost savings and opportunities to pursue innovative ideas to improve Blue Box recycling in Ontario.
Successful applications will address one or more of the priority areas outlined in the 2017 CIF Operations Plan. The 2017 REOI will accept applications up to the response deadline of 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
- System optimization
- Projects achieving cost savings or cost containment
- Transitional support in response to New legislation
- Centre of Excellence projects, including:
- Development of better practices & tool kits
- Research into materials management
- Support for RFP & tender development
- Training initiatives
- Outreach services
- Waste composition studies
- Performance audits
The REOI documents, submission forms and key resources are available below.
- REOI Document
- REOI FAQ– detailed responses to past and anticipated questions
- Submission Forms
- Form 1– Applicant General Information (Mandatory and included with each of the other downloadable forms)
- Form 2– Application for Optimization Projects
- Form 3– Application for Cost Savings and Cost Containment Projects
- Form 4– Application for Transitional Support in Response to new Legislation
- Form 5– Application for Centre of Excellence Projects
- 2017 REOI Sample Payback Calculation Spreadsheet (updated for 2017)
- 2017 Project Evaluation Criteria
- Sample Project Timeline
- CIF Funding Process
- 2017 REOI Guidance Document for Monitoring & Reporting of CIF Funded Projects
- MIPC Provincial Optimization Study
- Waste composition study resources webpage
- Detailed timeline template spreadsheet
*REOI main document and fillable forms are published in MS Word (.docx) form. If you have any trouble with this format please email CIF Communications.